The Saint Gregory the Great Athletic Association is dedicated to the development of the total student-athlete. Both the physical and psychological growth of each person is conscientiously considered when planning and implementing our athletic program. Our goal is to develop young, successful men and women to be productive citizens in a highly competitive world in a religious-academic environment that remains the primary focus. We want our students to say they were proud to have represented their school by participating in athletics.
- SGGS, in association with the Beach FC Soccer Club, provides a fall and spring soccer program for boys and girls in grades K-8. Registration dates are announced prior to the fall and spring seasons. Visit Beach FC
for more information on rules and games.
- Girls and boys in grades 5-8 are encouraged to join the SGGS cross country team. Conditioning begins at the beginning of the school year and meets run through October. For additional information about the Cross Country team, visit here.
- Girls in grades 6-8 are invited to join our winning volleyball team!
Girls in grades 6-8 are invited to come out for a brand new team in
it's the first
season at SGGS in 2019.
- SGGS, in association with the Tidewater Catholic Basketball League, provides a winter basketball program for boys and girls in grades 3-8. Teams are divided according to the following age groups: YOUTH (3rd & 4th), Jr. Varsity (5th & 6th), and Varsity (7th & 8th). Visit here for additional info about the SGGS SAINTS basketball teams.
- SGGS offers a cheerleading program for girls in grades 3-8. YOUTH (3rd &4th), Jr. Varsity (5th & 6th), and Varsity (7th & 8th). Go Saints!
- (K-8th grade) for boys and girls
- Offered to boys and girls in grades 4-8. For additional info about the Track-n-Field team, visit here
. Field Hockey
- Girls in grades 2-8 can register in the spring to play field hockey. Visit The Catholic Field Hockey League
for additional information.
- The First Tee will sponsor golf events each spring. Boys and girls in grades 6-8 are encouraged to register.
-Boys lacrosse is offered to 6th boys through an affiliation with the JJV program at Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School.