Looking for a way to benefit St. Gregory and yourself as a Virginia tax payer?
Consider donating to SGGS through the
Virginia Tax Credit Program!
What is the Virginia EISTC (Tax Credit) Program?
- Virginia’s Education Improvement Scholarships
Tax Credits (EISTC) program offers donors 65% of their
donation returned to them in Virginia tax credits.
- Donations to foundations approved
by the Virginia Department of Education are distributed as scholarships for
students from low-income families to attend accredited private schools.
- Virginia budgets $25 million each
year for this program, which continues until 2028.
What is a “Tax Credit”?
- A tax credit allows you to subtract
the amount of the credit – dollar-for-dollar from the total you owe the state
in taxes, not from taxable income.
- It is not necessary to itemize in
order to use tax credits.
- Tax credits directly reduce tax
- Use it like a coupon when you
prepare your taxes.
How is this donation program different from a regular donation
to the school or a scholarship program?
- Donors receive Virginia tax credits
for 65% of the full value of the donation.
- Donors who itemize ALSO
receive federal and Virginia tax deductions for charitable
- Both individuals and businesses
- Tax credits are awarded on a
first-come, first-served basis, subject to Department of Education
- Donations must be made to an
approved scholarship foundation.
- Donors can include a Letter of
Intent requesting that their scholarships support Catholic school students (in
our case, SGGS students!).
Please click on the links below for more information and to
get started, or contact Bernadette Keplinger, Director of Development, for a
personal appointment! Please email
or call at 757-497-1811, ext. 370.