About

 
 
School History

Saint Gregory the Great School is a Catholic parish school, which operates under the auspices of the Diocese of Richmond and the Church of Saint Gregory the Great in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The school is centrally located in Virginia Beach and also serves families in the Norfolk and Chesapeake areas.
Dedicated in 1965, the school is staffed by lay teachers and administrators. Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (IHM) from Immaculata, Pennsylvania assist the teachers in providing quality religious and academic education for students ranging from Prekindergarten through grade eight.

The school continues to grow in many ways since its opening day on September 8, 1964:
  • Classroom expansion to three of each grade.
  • Two computer technology labs, science lab, library, gymnasium, art room, cafeteria, and athletic fields
  • Sullivan Hall (1994), Paschal Hall (1998), Guardian Angel Hall (2003), and Saint Gregory the Great Day Care Center (2006), Front Entrance (2014)
 

Contact us

Saint Gregory the Great Catholic School
5343 Virginia Beach Boulevard,
Virginia Beach, VA 23462

School: 757.497.1811
Fax: 757.497.7005
Beyond the Bell: 757-692-0901
Email: office@sggsvb.org
© 2017. All rights reserved.